Is Kaizen Academy right for your son?
Serving families Since 1989
Our admissions begins with a phone call
APPROPRIATE STUDENTS FOR KAIZEN ACADEMY
- 13 to 18 years (must be enrolled 30 days prior to their 18th birthday)
- Angry, defiance and disrespect
- At home interventions have failed
- Attachment Disorder
- Authority problems
- Decline in academic performance
- Functional ability to participate in the Kaizen Academy treatment program
- History of inappropriate pornography addiction. sexual addiction, sexual behavior, or other sexual compulsive behaviors
- Interacting with a younger peer group
- Full Scale IQ of 80 or above
- Is in the best interest of the family for the youth to be temporarily placed in a therapeutic environment out of the home for specialized treatment
- Isolation with your son is occurring
- May be struggling with co-occurring challenges such as anxiety, depression, poor relationships, self-harm, various learning challenges and disabilities, trauma, or oppositional behavior
- Personal hygiene has deteriorated
- Poor self-image
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Would benefit from therapeutic, coaching, mentoring and further development of social skills, executive functioning skills, and general life skills
ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION
Accurate assessments are critical to effective treatment. We may require the following assessments and evaluations. Should these not be available at the time of admittance to Kaizen Academy, we can arrange for these as deemed necessary during the 60 Day Evaluation.
- Educational Information (current transcripts and any IEP documentation)
- Medical, medication and last physical, history
- Psychological evaluation
- Psychosexual evaluation
- Social history
Some students are not a best fit for Kaizen Academy. These include those that are struggling with the following challenges:
- Actively homicidal
- Actively suicidal
- Alcohol/Drug Addiction Requiring Medical Detox
- Chronic use of extreme violence
- Danger to Self or Others due to Acute Psychosis
- Excessive and extensive running away
- Individual is unable to participate in treatment planning or to respond to therapeutic interventions
- IQ below 80
- Medical or physical condition that requires intensive maintenance
- Requires acute hospitalization
- Severe and unmanageable mental illness
- Severe intellectual handicaps
KAIZEN ACADEMY WANTS TO HELP AS MANY FAMILIES AS POSSIBLE
After receiving the STUDENT PROFILE, our clinical team will carefully assess the information provided in order to determine whether your son is an appropriate candidate for placement in the Kaizen program.
Arrangements for an interview will be scheduled at the earliest convenience. When acceptance has been made to Kaizen Academy, we will work with the family on all the necessary logistics.
Should you not fully be aware of your son’s current status relative to the criteria outlined above, or when you would like to discuss your particular family situation, we would appreciate having the student profile submitted so that an -in-depth call may be arranged.
When Kaizen Academy is not the best fit for your family, we will do our best to refer you to other possible alternatives and/or assistance.
We welcome tours of our facilities for program candidates, their family, advocates, educational consultants, and/or case managers prior to placement.
Contact us toll free 1-877-467-1681 or you may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and planning.